Securing an attorney to fight your DUI charges is extremely important to a successful defense; but do you know who you are hiring? Picking the right lawyer is the first step to seeing your charges reduced or dismissed.
Here are some things to look for when hiring a DUI attorney:
- Experience in DUI Cases
- A lawyer who has previously dealt with DUI charges will know how to present your case. Past experience will sharpen his skills and improve his knowledge of the subject, helping him take just the right angle when defending you in court. Don't roll the dice with an inexperienced attorney!
- Passionate About Your Case
- An attorney who doesn't care about your verdict will not be inclined to present a compelling defense in the courtroom. When considering your legal representation, do not settle for someone who will not believe in your case. Even the most difficult charges can be mitigated with the right lawyer at your side.
- Empathetic to Your Cause
- In line with the previous qualification, be sure to hire a lawyer who understands your situation. A DUI charge can carry severe penalties, including heavy fines and prison time. A lawyer who realizes your need to avoid a conviction will offer a better defense than one who could care less.
- Understands DUI Laws
- Even with the above qualifications, an attorney who does not understand the ins and outs of DUI law will prove ineffective in court. On the other hand, a legal professional with an intimate knowledge of the law will know exactly how to defend your case. You can rest assured that your case is in good hands when you find an attorney who knows his DUI laws.
- Strong Qualifications
- A qualified professional has a good reputation and broad experiences outside of DUI cases. Secure the help of someone you can believe in—pick a lawyer who has the credentials to back up his claims.
The Farley Law Firm, LLC, features an attorney who meets these qualifications. I have handled numerous DUI cases throughout South Carolina, and have an extensive knowledge of such cases. In addition, I served as the president of the Lexington County Bar Association in 2012, and make great effort to provide quality defense for my clients in DUI, divorce, and family law. I believe I am capable of providing the services you need in any DUI case. To learn more, contact my firm today.